Linking multiple reports for co-display
You can to link multiple reports together from a single master report. The following options are available:
- Co-display—To display one or more reports on the same report.
- Tabbed reports—To add multiple reports to a master report by using the tabs.
The benefit of these options is that you can show multiple reports within a single master report. The reports can have unrelated data sets but are of common interest to the user.
To create a co-display
- On the Data page of a report, under Analysis style, select Co-Display.
- Click the Related Content tab that appears at the top of the page when you select Co-Display.
- From the panel on the left, search for the child report, and drag it into one of the boxes in the middle of the screen:
- Tabbed Co-Display
- Co-Display Top
- Co-Display Right
- Co-Display Bottom
When editing your reports, you might attempt to edit a report that is used as a child report for another report. If you delete a field from your report that the parent report requires, the parent report will fail. If the users do not have edit access to reports, they will not be able to fix the error. Therefore, be careful when editing or deleting your reports so that you do not impact related reports.
Example co-display report with tabs
If you drag a child report into the Tabbed Co-Display box, the child report appears on a separate tab from the main report. In the following example, the Camp Revenue Table appears on one tab, and the Camp Pie report appears on another tab:
To create a filter for co-display reports
- Create a child report with the user prompt filter that you want to use.
- Create the master report, and set up a co-display.
Remedy Smart Reporting recognizes that the child report requires a user prompt, and prompts you for linked field data.
- Under Joins, select one of the following options:
- Fields—Links the co-display report to a field within the master report.
- Filters—Shares filters in the master report with the child report.
- Link the master and child fields to allow Remedy Smart Reporting to associate the correct parameters with the master and the child.
To format co-display reports
- After you include related reports on your report, click the Design tab.
- Click Co-Display Formatting .
- Select the report that you want to format.
- Complete the fields.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for other reports.