Customizing the fields in a view
This section discusses customizing fields in a view. Topics include:
- Defining a calculated field to perform what-if analysis
- Using reference codes to convert database values or apply custom sorting
- Attaching a GeoPack to a view field
For more details, see the Yellowfin documentation links on the right.
The following video (11:13) discusses adding fields to an existing out-of-the-box view.
From the Yellowfin documentation:
- to learn about defining field definitions and applying business metadata to them
- Grouped Data (Report) to learn about changing the data returned for selected fields on your report by grouping the values
- Parameters to learn about defining a parameter field to pass user-entered values
- Calculated Fields to learn about creating derived columns based on the fields sourced from the database
- Calculated Filters to learn about creating predefined filters to help users add filters or conditions
- Filter Groups to learn about grouping calculated field filters
- Custom Functions to learn about defining a custom XML function for a calculated field
- Data Conversion to learn about converting data in fields