Configuring settings to cross-launch reports
You can use the cross-launch functionality for navigating from one application to another, and navigating back to the source application. For Remedy Smart Reporting, cross-launch is done through Remedy Mid Tier and Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT). With cross-launch functionality, when you click a ticket number hyperlink in a report in Remedy Smart Reporting, the ticket opens in other BMC applications.
- If you navigate to Remedy Smart Reporting from Smart IT, the ticket opens in Smart IT.
- If you navigate to Remedy Smart Reporting from Remedy Mid Tier, the ticket opens in Remedy Mid Tier.
By default, the Remedy AR System custom parameter is available when you onboard Remedy Smart Reporting. You must update the settings for Remedy Mid Tier and Smart IT.
To update Remedy Mid Tier and Smart IT cross-launch settings
- By default, Remedy Smart Reporting provides the functionality to cross-launch to Remedy Mid Tier. You must update the custom parameter for Remedy Mid Tier.
- To override the default cross-launch behavior and to cross-launch to Smart IT, you must update the custom parameter for Smart IT and perform the additional manual steps to update the hyperlink objects.
Log in to Remedy Mid Tier as an administrator.
- From the Applications menu, select Smart Reporting > Smart Reporting Console.
- On the Remedy Smart Reporting console, select Administration > Configuration > (System) > Custom Parameters..
Update the following parameters:
Key Value AR
Host name of the Remedy AR System server
For a stand-alone installation of Smart Reporting: hostName:portNumber
For a cluster installation of Smart Reporting: nameOfTheLoadBalancerSpecify the Remedy Mid Tier host name in the format that you use to access Remedy Mid Tier. If the format you specify and the format you use are different, you must login again after you navigate to BMC Remedy Mid Tier. For example, if you specify the host name as midtier.yourDomainName.com, but use midtier:8080/arsys to access mid tier, you must login again.
PROTOCOL https or http, based on your configuration SMART_IT SmartITServerName:portNumber, for example, SMART_IT_SERVER:8082
- Click Save.
To configure additional settings for Remedy Smart Reporting cross-launch when installed in a cluster
You must configure this setting to cross-launch from Remedy Smart Reporting to Remedy Mid Tier, and for the report Sharing option. When you click a record in a report, it should open the record in the Remedy Mid Tier.
- Log in to Remedy Smart Reporting as the reporting super administrator user.
Select Administration > Configuration >(System) > General Settings.
Update External Instance Base URL with the URL of the name of the load balancer.
For example, change http://nodeName:port/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp with https://loadBalancerName/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp.
For updating the External Instance Base URL, go to the default org because this configuration is available only under the default org.
- Click Save.
Manually updating the hyperlink objects to cross-launch Smart IT
You can customize the default cross-launch behavior to launch Smart IT. To cross-launch to Smart IT, you must update the custom parameter, and perform additional manual steps to update the hyperlink objects. The method in the following procedure describes the steps by using BMC Incident Management as an example. By following a similar procedure, you can cross-launch to other applications such as BMC Change Management, BMC Knowledge Management, and Work Order Management.
After executing the steps below, all the updated reports open in Smart IT and not in Remedy Mid Tier. Follow the steps if you are using only Smart IT and not using Remedy Mid Tier.
Remedy Smart Reporting is integrated with Smart IT 1.2 or later. If your Smart IT session is active and you cross-launch from Remedy Smart Reporting to Smart IT, you need not to provide Smart IT credentials. The ticket opens directly in Smart IT. However, if your Smart IT session is inactive, you must provide credentials, and the ticket opens after authentication.
To manually update the hyper link objects to cross-launch Smart IT
- Log in to Remedy Smart Reporting as an administrator user.
- Select Browse > Reports.
From the list of available reports, double-click Incident Details report.
For additional steps, see defect SW00559872 in Known and corrected issues.
- On the right pane, from the available columns, click expand
In the Column Formatting window, complete the following steps:
In the Format field, select HTML Formatter.
Disable the Remove HTML tags field.
- Remove and add the Incident Number Hyperlink field for the tickets to open in Smart IT as described in the following steps:
- Click Expand next to the Incident Number Hyperlink field.
- Remove the Incident Number Hyperlink field by dragging it to the Filters list.
- Click the Incident Details folder and drag the Incident Number Hyperlink field to the report columns.
- Click Close.