Broadcasting reports via FTP
If you want to feed the information to a third-party tool, you can broadcast reports through FTP, or you can open the report in a third-party tool such as Microsoft SharePoint.
To broadcast reports via FTP
- Ensure your report is Active (not in Draft mode).
- In the main navigation menu, click Broadcast.
- Click Create New, and select FTP Schedule.
On the FTP Schedule window, complete the following fields for an FTP or SFTP schedule:
Field Description File Name
Name of the file to be sent. Do not include an extension for the file name.
Select a format of the file. The available options are:
The file format for the report you want to send. The options are:
The host name of the server where you are uploading the report.
Server Directory The directory where you want to send the report on the server. User Name User name of the server. Password Password of the server. User Prompt Filters (Available if your report contains filters) The filter that is applied to the broadcast report. The options are:
- Current Filter Values
- Default Filter Values
Continuous Schedule The schedule for the delivery of the report. The available options are:
If you want to set a delivery rule and send the report only if it meets certain criteria, for example, Revenue is less than 100,000, complete the following steps:
- Select Alert, and click Add Delivery Alert Rules.
- Select one of the Alert Data options:
- One or more must match—For example, there is at least one transaction less than $1000.
- Aggregate against entire result set—The total sales are less than $100000.
- Complete the fields in the Delivery Rule section.
- Click Submit.
Frequency Frequency of sending the reports. Depending on the option that you select, you must provide further details. For example, if you select Fortnightly, you are prompted to select the first or second week of the fortnight to send in, as well as the day of the week. For more granularity in the schedule, click Advanced settings.