Accessing Remedy Smart Reporting
You can access Remedy Smart Reporting from Remedy Mid Tier. The first time you access Remedy Smart Reporting, you must update your user profile settings and set your locale and time zone for Remedy Smart Reporting.
- For best performance while viewing reports and dashboards, we recommend that you use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Remedy Smart Reporting does not support the use of multiple tabs in the same browser. If you want to use multiple tabs in the same browser, use Google Chrome in incognito mode. For more information, see Remedy Smart Reporting does not support the use of multiple tabs in the same browser.
To access Remedy Smart Reporting directly
- In a browser, enter the Remedy Smart Reporting URL http://midTierServerName:Port/arsys/smartreporting. For example, .
- In the Remedy Mid Tier login screen, enter the user name and password of the Remedy AR System server.
The default Remedy Smart Reporting landing page opens, which is usually in the Timeline tab of the user in Remedy Smart Reporting.
To access Remedy Smart Reporting through Remedy Mid Tier
- Log in to Remedy Mid Tier.
- From the Applications menu, select Smart Reporting > Smart Reporting Console.
The default landing page opens, which is usually in the Timeline tab of the user in Remedy Smart Reporting.
To access Remedy Smart Reporting from mobile devices
Remedy Smart Reporting is available on mobile devices such as Apple iOS and Google Android. To access the Remedy Smart Reporting content, use Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) version 1.6 or later. For instructions on accessing the latest version of Smart IT on your mobile devices, see .
To download the Remedy Smart Reporting mobile application, see in the Remedy with Smart IT online documentation.
For the Remedy Smart Reporting mobile application to work, you must use a certificate signed by an authority (such as Verisign). The Remedy Smart Reporting mobile application does not work if you use a self-signed certificate.
For information about how to re-sign Smart Reporting on Apple iOS, see the procedure to re-sign Smart Reporting app on iOS article on BMC Communities.
To log in for the first time as an administrator
In a browser, enter the Remedy Smart Reporting URL http://midTierServerName:Port/arsys/smartreporting. For example,.
Enter the following account information and click Login:
- User name: siadmin
- Password: siadmin
On the Welcome page, provide the required details for your user account.
An image file for your profile. This will be displayed on your timeline and next to your posts or comments.
The image will be displayed as 250px by 250px. During the upload process, you can define a section of the image to use.
Your first name.
Your last name.
Your email address that will be used for broadcasts and email notifications.
(These fields are available to users with the appropriate role permissions, which an administrator defines.)
Current Password Your current password that will be used to log in to the system. New Password The new password. Repeat New Password The new password entered again. Your Profile Job Title (Optional) Your job title. This description will be displayed on your user timeline. Description (Optional) A description of yourself. This description will be displayed on your user timeline. Interests Interests (Optional) Tags applied to content in the system that are relevant to you. The content will be suggested to you based on tags that you select.
- Click Save Personal Settings.
- To proceed to the Dashboard page in Remedy Smart Reporting, click Show me my Dashboard.