When end users interact with support agents who are logged in to Smart IT, some UI related issues might occur.
When the support agent accepts a chat session from Smart IT through Live Chat, the UI stops responding.
This issue occurs after you install or upgrade Smart IT, Action Request System, or BMC Helix Single Sign-On. This issue also occurs when you perform system-specific configurations, or when you store incorrect server references and parameters while copying or restoring the database.
- This issue affects the Smart IT Live Chat function.
- This issue can impact everyone who is accessing Live Chat from Smart IT.
- In a server group environment, if a server is incorrectly configured, this issue occurs intermittently.
Diagnosing and reporting an issue
|Check if the
es_chat.url and the
enableESChatIntegration attributes are configured correctly in the global settings (*) of the com.bmc.arsys.smartit component.
To access the Action Request System, in a browser, enter the following URL address:
In Centralized Configuration, perform the following actions:
To enable integration with BMC Live Chat, set the
enableESChatIntegration parameter to true.
es_chat.url parameter, specify the ES Chat server load balancer URL.
This parameter enables the agents to access BMC Live Chat from Smart IT.
For more information, see Centralized configuration.
|Update the Agent identifier and Logout URL values in the rsso-agent.properties file.
- Stop the Tomcat services.
- Copy the rsso-agent.properties file from the midtier/WEB-INF/classes directory to the tomcat/webapps/eschat/WEB-INF/classes directory and enter the mentioned values for the following parameters:
- Start the Tomcat services.
Check the armonitor.cfg (Windows) or the armonitor.conf (UNIX) file located in the filedeployer/conf directory for any incorrect syntax.
- Open and edit the armonitor.cfg or the armonitor.conf file located in the <Mid Tier Home>filedeployer/conf directory.
Locate the line error that is reported by the armonitor.log.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program WEBSERVER_DEPLOYMENT_DIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5: CreateProcess error=2,
The system cannot find the file specified
Environment-variable in the armonitor.cfg file as follows:
Environment-variable: WEBSERVER_DEPLOYMENT_DIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5
Save the file and restart the BMC Mid Tier File Deployment Service.
Confirm that the installed Action Request System server and Smart ITcomponents are the correct and compatible versions.
To deploy BMC Live Chat version 20.08, make sure that you have installed the following:
- BMC Virtual Chat version 9.1.02.
- Action Request System version 19.11 or later.
- Smart IT version 19.08 or later.
- BMC Helix ITSMversion 19.08 or later.
- BMC Helix Single Sign-Onversion 19.08 or later.
- Apache Tomcat 7 or later.
- (To use BMC Live Chat feature in BMC Helix Business Workflows) BMC Helix Business Workflows version 19.11 or later.
- (To remotely access BMC Client Management (BCM) web console from BMC Live Chat) BMC Client Management version 20.08.
For more information, see
|Apply the latest cumulative fix from BMC Customer Support
|For more information, see ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/ARRecommendedFixes/.
Resolutions for common issues
The Live Chat option is not displayed on the Smart IT menu bar as shown below.
- In a browser, go to the following URL address:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Select AR System Administration > AR System Administration Console > Applications > Groups.
- Ensure that the following entries are present on the Group form. If the entries are not present, manually import the VAGroups.arx file to the Group form, by using the BMC Remedy Data Import Tool.
To locate the VAGroups.arx file, extract the installation file for BMC Virtual Chat and go to the \BMCVirtualChatWindows_<version>\Disk1\files\remedy_files\en folder.
Was this page helpful? Yes No