Creating and managing change requests
This section describes how users in your organization can use Smart IT or Progressive Web App screens to create change requests and manage them throughout their lifecycle.
Smart IT is integrated with Change Management to provide a planning, scheduling, implementing, change-tracking interface that is simple to learn and use, mobile, and collaborative.
Read the following topics to learn more about change requests:
- Creating a change request
- Managing change request collisions
- Determining the impact of changes
- Automated change requests and tasks in Smart IT
- Reviewing and approving change requests
- Access to Change Management functionality in Smart IT depends upon the level of permissions.
- With Infrastructure Change User permission, while editing a change request, which is in Pending status, you cannot edit the Status field. You can use the Resume action button to take out the Pending status for the requester.
- When you create a change ticket from the Create New menu for the first time after logging in, it might take some time to load the page.
For more information, see Smart IT roles and permissions.