Deciding which ticket to work on next
Your administrator can configure the application to display the Needs Attention flag to the tickets that have updates. Without checking all tickets, you can decide your priority of work by checking the tickets that are marked with the Needs Attention flag. When you access Dashboard, or Ticket Console, you see the Needs Attention flag in all Incidents and Work Order tickets that need your attention to work on priority basis.
Before you begin
To make this feature available to you, your administrator must set the showNeedsAttentionFlag configuration parameter value to true in Centralized configuration.
To decide which ticket to work on next
- Access Dashboard.
- Locate the tickets with the Needs Attention flag displayed active and start working on those tickets on priority.
You can also do the following steps:
- Access Ticket Console.
- Click Needs Attention statistics count.
All the tickets where the Needs Attention flags are active, are filtered and displayed on your screen.
- Start working on those tickets on priority basis.
When tickets are flagged for attention
Tickets are flagged for your attention in the following ways:
Flagging a ticket automatically
A ticket gets automatically flagged, where the assignee is not the logged in user, in the following cases:
- When an update is received through email or from BMC Digital Workplace.
- When you assign a ticket to another user.
- When other users update the following status/status reason of the tickets, which are assigned to you ( Applicable Statuses: In progress, Assigned, Pending, Resolved)
- When the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of a ticket is breached.
- When a user adds a note to a ticket.
Unflagging a ticket automatically
A ticket gets automatically unflagged, where the assignee is the logged in user, in the following cases:
- When you update the status or status reason of a ticket.
- When you add a work note to a ticket which is assigned to you.
Flagging/Unflagging a ticket manually
You can flag or unflag a ticket manually. You must mention the reason for flagging or unflagging a ticket in the activity note.
(Progressive Web App screens for work order and incidents) To flag or unflag a ticket manually, click the flag icon in the ticket header. You must mention the reason for flagging or unflagging a ticket in the activity note.
From the Ticket Console, select multiple tickets and manually flag or unflag the tickets for other user's attention by using the Needs Attention icon:
In Smart IT 20.08, the administrators can enable this feature only when the browser's language is set to English.