Modifying knowledge template styles using Smart IT
You can modify or add formatting styles to the out-of-the-box knowledge templates or custom knowledge templates available in Remedy with Smart IT.
- Style editing is not supported on mobile devices.
- The updated style is reflected on the articles that you create after updating the style. The articles that you have already created before updating the style, do not reflect the updated style.
- You should set the font-family in the additional CSS to 'OpenSansRegular', 'OpenSans', 'Helvetica' to get the same font style as in the preview for the header elements (<h1> - <h6>).
To change formatting settings for knowledge articles:
- Log on to Smart IT.
- Choose Configuration > Knowledge Template Styles.
Select the template to edit from the template list displayed in the left pane.
- You can create a new styles by clicking +Add New Style.
If you are creating a new style, enter a name for the style, and select the formatting options for the new style. Ensure that the name of the new style you are creating is not the same as an existing style name.
- If you are modifying an existing style, click the icon next to the style you want to update.
You can modify the style of the font, the size, color. You can also include additional CSS styling for the style.
If you want to include additional formatting to the existing style that is not provided on the screen, you can add it to the CSS Styling field. For example, you can add the following additional styles:
- box-shadow: 0px 1px 2px 1px lightblue;
- line-height: 30px;
- After you have modified the styles, click Save Styles. While adding new style, in the Additional CSS Styling, the limit is set as 255 on the database table column. You may get an error if it crosses this limit. For the troubleshooting information, see Smart IT troubleshooting.
- If you want to remove a custom style you added, click the style name and click X Delete Style. You cannot delete styles provided out-of-the-box.