BMC Helix Cognitive Automation
With Remedy 9.1.04, you can license, configure and use BMC Helix Cogntive Automation to auto-categorize the tickets created on your system.
Manual categorization of tickets is error-prone. This process results in the incorrect categorization of tickets and further leads to the incorrect assignment of tickets. These errors increase business costs and decrease customer satisfaction because tickets take longer to resolve. With BMC Helix Cogntive Automation, you can train the system to analyze the data entered on the tickets and then suggest appropriate categorizations for tickets, thus reducing resolution time and business costs.
BMC Helix Cogntive Automation helps you to achieve:
- Reduced costs
- Enhanced service levels
- Scalable service
- Improved service predictability
Before you configure BMC Helix Cogntive Automation, you must obtain the appropriate license. To get more information about license, please contact your BMC Sales Representative.
You can configure and use BMC Helix Cogntive Automation by following this process:
- Configure BMC Cognitive Service on your system.
- Train the service by generating training data.
- Use the trained service to auto-categorize the tickets.
Using cognitive capabilities to auto-categorize the tickets
The following use case helps you to better understand how you can use BMC Helix Cogntive Automation to auto-categorize the tickets on your system.
Consider a scenario at Calbro Services, where a user creates an incident ticket for a broken printer by using the Remedy with Smart IT 2.0 console. Before submitting the ticket, the user provides all the required information on the ticket form and the categories from the options provided on the form. The manual process of categorization can be error-prone. The ticket might be assigned to an inappropriate group if it is incorrectly categorized.
To overcome these challenges, the IT Administrator at Calbro Services configures and uses BMC Helix Cogntive Automation to auto-categorize the tickets. The IT Administrator proceeds with the following steps.
- Obtains the appropriate license from BMC for using cognitive service.
- Contacts BMC and requests for the cognitive service URL, username, and password.
- Configures the cognitive service on the system by using the credentials provided by BMC.
- Trains the cognitive service by generating training data by using either a Data Qualifier or a CSV file.
- Uses the trained data to auto-categorize the new tickets created in the system.
In the scenario for broken printer, the IT Administrator can train the cognitive service so that if a user enters either of the following descriptions about broken printer in the ticket, the system recommends a category of Hardware to the user.
- Printer is broken.
- Printer is not working.
When the user enters either of the these texts about the printer in the Description field on the incident ticket form, and clicks the Recommendations link below the Category field, the link displays the value as Hardware.
The user can easily select the correct category, which ensures the correct assignment of the ticket and resolution of the issue.
This section lists the tasks that you must perform on the BMC Remedy ITSM console to use the cognitive service.
Before you begin
- Ensure that your Remedy stack server is upgraded to:
- BMC Remedy ITSM version 9.1.04
- BMC Remedy AR System version 9.1.04 Patch 1
- Remedy with Smart IT version 2.0
- You have configured the following parameter in Centralized Configuration. Proceed with the following steps.
- In a browser, open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console, and click System > General > Centralized Configuration.
- In the AR System Configuration Generic UI form, from the Component Name list, select the appropriate component.
- From the settings table, select useCognitive.
- Set the value to true, and click Apply.
- Click Close.
Configure BMC Cognitive Service Management by using the URL, Username, and Password provided by BMC.
|Understand the training data concept and the training data types to train the cognitive service.|
|Generate training data to train the cognitive service.|