Opening a ticket by using the display ID
Starting with Smart IT version 19.11, you can open an incident, change, work order, or a task ticket by using the display ID of the ticket in the URL. You must have the required permission to view a ticket.
For example, when you open an incident, the GUID of the incident is displayed in the URL:
In addition, instead of navigating through multiple screens of the Ticket Console, you can directly go to the ticket profile page of another ticket by replacing the GUID with /displayid/<Display ID of the ticket> in the URL:
- You should not use any special character or % or wrong ticket type in the URL. In this case, either the dashboard is opened or you stay on the same page without any error message.
- After opening a ticket by using the display ID in the URL, if you click the back button to go back to the previous page, it does not work in certain browsers
- Search for tickets by filtering and sorting tickets in the Ticket Console. See Managing your work in Smart IT consoles.
- After you open ticket details in the universal client, click the Pencil icon associated with a group of fields to open those fields in edit mode, which allows you to update the field contents.
- Click the Print icon in the universal client to open a preview, and then print ticket details.