Configuring the reconciliation method for assets
If a sandbox dataset is enabled in BMC Asset Management (for example, BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX), assets that you create or modify go through a reconciliation process before they are moved to the production database. For example, when you save a new asset, the system sends a call (request) to the Reconciliation Engine to run a reconciliation job.
The sandbox dataset used by BMC Asset Management is configured in the AST:AppSettings form, which you access from the Custom Configuration tab in the Application Administration Console in the BMC Remedy ITSM mid-tier UI. When you install Smart IT, a new Sandbox Job Calls setting is added to the AST:AppSettings form. This setting allows you to configure the reconciliation method for assets in both Smart IT and the BMC Remedy ITSM mid-tier UI.
The Sandbox Job Calls setting has the following options for reconciliation:
- Inline—(Default) Reconciliation job requests are processed immediately.
- Scheduled—Reconciliation job requests are processed in accordance with any sandbox schedules. Use this setting to do reconciliation outside of heavy use hours to minimize the impact on users.
- Continuous—Reconciliation job requests are processed according to the interval specified for continuous jobs in the Reconciliation Engine. Use this setting in cases where a limited number of assets are being reconciled or when there is less load. For more information, see Creating a continuous reconciliation job in the BMC Atrium Core documentation.
Before you begin
Asset Manager permission is required to configure the reconciliation method for assets. For more information, see Smart IT roles and permissions.
To configure the reconciliation method
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Asset Management Settings, and then click Open.
The Asset Management Settings form appears.
- For Sandbox Job Calls, choose an option described in this topic.
- Click Modify to save your changes.