Configuring multi-cloud management provider settings
You can change the settings that Smart IT uses to connect to BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management, if required.
To configure multi-cloud management provider settings
A Smart IT administrator can configure the connection to Multi-Cloud Management pluggable provider. To make this integration work, you must update the configuration settings with the applicable parameters, such as a service password, host name, and port number. The Advanced tab is used to isolate performance issues and to use the BMC Remedy ITSM private queue. Use this tab only if BMC Professional Services or Support directs you to do so.
If you are integrating with an on-premises instance of Remedy ITSM, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Remedy with Smart IT as an administrator.
- Click Configuration and select Admin Console Configuration.
- Click and select Configuration.
- In the Providers table, ensure that the check box for the provider is selected. For example, select .
- Update the provider settings.
For example, update Multi-Cloud Service Management provider settings.
- For Multi-Cloud Service Management provider, enter the BMC Helix Innovation Suite server details provided to you by BMC.
- For Multi-Cloud Service Management provider, enter the user name and the password of your tenant administrator account.
- For Multi-Cloud Service Management provider, if you are a Remedy OnDemand user and if you have changed your password, you need only update the password field.
- Click Update Settings and the click Reload Providers.
Where to go from here
Complete the remaining tasks for Configuring after installation.