Viewing active users in Smart IT
The Smart IT Active User Report is a web report displaying information about the active users in your Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) environment, during a specified period of time. Users are considered active when they log in to Smart IT. Use this report to find out how many users in your organization are actively using Smart IT.
Overview of the Smart IT Active User Report
The following table provides an overview of the Smart IT Active User Report:
|Inputs to the report||The report fetches data from the Smart IT database, and displays records from the date when Smart IT was deployed in your environment, through the date when you generate the report.|
|Output of the report|
The report displays the following output:
|Location of the report|
The report is located in Configuration>Admin Console Configuration, under More ()> Reports.
Note: At least one Smart IT user must have logged in to Smart IT after it was deployed for you to see this report option.
|Additional features||The following list specifies the additional features of the report:|
|Limitations of the report|| Currently, the report does not provide the following features:|
Example scenario of using Smart IT Active User Report
Allen is a Smart IT Administrator and he wants to review how many users in his organization are actively using Remedy with Smart IT. Allen uses the Smart IT Active User Report and specifies a date range for last six months to generate the report. The report shows the total active users on all types of devices are 1900. With this information, Allen concludes that in the past six months, out of a total 2000 users, 1900 users actively used Smart IT, while 100 users were not active. Allen exports the report to a CSV format and uses it as a compliance and audit report.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you are a member of the Admin permission group.
- The report is available by default to Admin users. You do not need any additional configurations to view the report.
- You can view the data only for your own tenant.
- In a clustered Smart IT environment, you can view the data only for the current tenant.
- Ensure that the Administration Console is accessible.
To view the Remedy with Smart IT Active User Report
- Click Configuration> Admin Console Configuration.
- Navigate to More ( )> Reports.
- (Optional) To filter the report, specify a start date, an end date, or both, and click Submit Date.
- (Optional) To clear the date range and return to the default view of the report, click Clear.
- (Optional) To export the report to a CSV format and save it locally, click Export to CSV.