Upgrading Openfire chat
We encourage Remedy with Smart IT 19.02 users to upgrade to Openfire version 4.0.2.
Before you begin
- Stop Openfire service.
- Take a backup of the Openfire/conf and Openfire/plugins folders.
To upgrade Openfire chat to version 4.0.2
- Unzip Smart IT 19.02 installer and extract openfire folder located at
- Copy the openfire folder from the extracted 19.02 version and replace the existing openfire folder.
Replace the openfire/conf folder with the backup folder.
Reinstall Openfire plugins from the Admin console in the Plugins tab.
You can also copy the plugins installed previously from backup plugins folder if they are compatible with the Openfire version to which you want to upgrade by copying the plugins folder (except admin and search folder).
- Ensure Auth-plugin-full jar exists in the openfire/lib folder.
- Restart Openfire service.
Troubleshooting the Openfire upgrade
Oracle database users upgrading to Openfire version 4.0.2 cannot access the Admin console. To troubleshoot this issue, ensure the following requirements at met:
- The openfire_oracle script located at ...\openfire-win-4.0.2\resources\database\upgrade\22 does not contain '
COLUMN'. Instead of '
ADD COLUMN', the script must include only
- The latest version of Admin plugin available at ...\openfire\plugins\admin is used.