This documentation supports the 19.02 version of Remedy with Smart IT.

To view the latest version, select the version from the Product version menu.

Mixed workload test results

A series of mixed workload tests were run (online users plus CMDB CI processing) to determine the hardware requirements for each tier of Remedy with Smart IT. During the load test execution, of 2000 concurrent users, 7,500 CIs(90% update and 10% create) were also processed in parallel. Smart IT and BMC Digital Workplace accounted for 85% of the online business transactions run; the remaining 15% were from BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM). 


One of the primary focus for 1902 release was the performance of support users with restricted access. The report contains a comparison of critical use cases to demonstrate the performance improvements in 1902 over 1808 as an example.

Performed Smart IT load test with 1000 concurrent Restricted users with 68 percentage of transaction from Universal client (UC) and 32 percentage from Smart IT iPad application. Each Support user had access to 26 End user's companies. Note: Row level Security was default for all the forms.

Sizing and scalability

The results show that one Smart IT server CPU can support approximately 240 concurrent users. The results also show that the AR 19.02 System server is the most used tier, and each AR System 19.02 server can scale to approximately 400 concurrent users. Each AR System 19.02 server CPU can support approximately 100 Smart IT users or 150 BMC Remedy ITSM users.

The CPU utilization for Chat Server, BMC Remedy Mid Tier, and the Remedy Single Sign-On server was minimal. 

Response times and server resource utilization

The charts in this section show end user response times, CPU usage, and memory usage. The end user client machine was set to 100 ms latency.

The following chart shows the end user browser response times for Smart IT transactions measured during the 2000-user load test: 

The following chart shows the end user iOS 12.1.1 response times for Smart IT transactions measured during the 2000-user load test.

The following chart shows the end user iOS 12.1.1 response times for BMC Digital Workplace transactions measured during the 2000-user load test.

The following charts show the CPU utilization and Available Memory for each tier during 2000-user load test:


Restricted Users Response Time Comparison of 1902 with 1808 release

The following chart shows the Smart IT Universal console and iPad use cases response time during 1000 concurrent restricted users load test


Below chart is the comparison of sum of all the Smart IT uses cases response time during the load test

 


 

Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you

Comments