General troubleshooting in Smart IT
This topic contains troubleshooting tips for issues you might encounter in Smart IT.
Service request templates do not appear
If you cannot see a service request template for a customer, check the following items:
- Does the customer's People record include a login ID? The Smart Recorder uses the customer's login ID to show available service request templates for that person. For more information about this requirement, see Login ID requirements for service requests in Smart IT and Configuring people information.
- Is the customer entitled to see the service request template? For more information about service request entitlements, see (BMC Service Request Management documentation)..
Activity and Updates feeds do not work in the Solaris environment
Ensure that the client-server time difference is no more than 10 minutes.
Error when creating an outage in the universal client
If the following error message is displayed when you try to create an outage for an asset, ensure that assignment rules are defined for the company to which the asset belongs:
"Application Error: A process on the data server
returned an error.",
; The Assignment
fields: Support Company, Support Organization,
and Assignment is set from are required.
Select the Assignment using the Assignment is set
from selection method.",
Accessibility of rich text field formatting in knowledge articles
Accessibility users trying to create knowledge articles cannot access the text formatting bar in rich text fields by using the Tab key.
To access the formatting bar:
- Tab to a rich text field.
Press Alt+F10 to access the formatting toolbar.
Tab to each section of the toolbar.
Use arrow keys to access each item in a section.
Performance issues in the Ticket Console
When you use some filtering options in the Ticket console, such as All Open, you might experience performance issues.
To improve performance:
- Add more filter criteria.
Custom fields and actions not visible on mobile clients
If you add a field using Screen Configuration, the field is not immediately reflected on mobile clients. Smart IT is also not auto-refreshed when actions (URL/provider/global actions) are added or removed using Screen Configuration.
To resolve this issue, refresh the metadata on mobile clients. On Android, press the Back button to exit Smart IT, and then relaunch the application. On iOS, press the Home button to run Smart IT in background mode, and after 10 minutes, relaunch Smart IT to refresh the metadata. Alternatively on iOS, double-tap the Home button and exit Smart IT by sliding it. Then relaunch Smart IT to refresh the metadata.
Error when creating a problem investigation or known error
The following error might be displayed while creating a Known error:
ARException: ERROR (307): Required field can not be blank is displayed.
This issue occurs if you make a field required only in the PBM:ProblemInterface_Create form, but not in the related known error and problem forms that share that field. Instead of making a field required in the PBM:ProblemInterface_Create form, make it required through the Configuration screen in Smart IT.
Email Engine Rules do not work properly
(BMC Remedy ITSM 9.0.01 and previous versions) After you install Smart IT with the option to remove leading zeros from ticket IDs, Email Engine Rules might not work properly.
Unable to view and approve change requests that are submitted for approval
As a change request approver, you must have permission to view and approve change requests in Smart IT. You will not be able to view and approve change requests in the following scenarios:
- You belong to a company, but have received a change request for approval from another company. You do not have permissions to the other company.
- You do not have the hierarchical group permissions to access change requests created by other support groups of the same company you belong to. (BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1 specific)
- You do not have permissions of a change agent, but you were added as an Ad hoc approver for a change request.
Depending on the reason for not being able to view and approve change requests, ensure that the Administrator provides you access to the following:
- Other company and the specific support group of that company.
- Hierarchical group permission to the specific support group of your company.
- Permissions of a change agent.
Irrespective of the permissions required to approve change requests, you can still approve them through Approval Central in BMC Remedy ITSM.