Date and time display format
Date and time plays a vital role in Smart IT. As a service desk agent, date and time is immensely important when you monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) against the progress of tickets. It helps you efficiently track and receive updates related to tickets. Smart IT displays date and time in two formats: relative and absolute.
Relative date and time display format
In Smart IT, by default, date and time for social data is displayed in relative format, such as 2 days ago and 3 hours ago. This social friendly format gives you a general idea about when an activity happened.
You can view date and time in relative format in the following areas of Smart IT:
- Activity feed of tickets and resources
- Updates feed
- Chat messages
- Related items of tickets and resources
- Last updated details on the ticket profile
Absolute date and time display format
In all other areas by default, date and time is displayed in absolute format, such as Sep 15, 2016 6:00 PM. This format displays the exact date and time. It helps you determine the exact time left to meet SLAs.
You can view date and time in absolute format in the following areas of Smart IT:
- Service Delivery section on the Dashboard.
- Tickets and articles listed under Recommended tickets and Recommended knowledge on the Resources tab.
- Scheduled and actual start and end date and time on the task, change request, work order profile, and outage.
- Start and end date and time on broadcasts.
- Target date and time on problem investigation and known error ticket profile.
- Lifecycle dates on asset profile.
- Related items and outages related to assets.
- Date and time in the Last Modified Date column on the Knowledge console.
- Date and time related columns on the Ticket console - Actual End Date, Actual Start Date, Completed Date, Resolved Date, Responded Date, Scheduled Start Date, Scheduled End Date, Submit Date, and Target Date.
- Knowledge article version specific dates.
- Date and time options under Custom Range when you perform global search, and specify the Create Date and Last Modified Date filters.
- Date and time related filters on the Ticket Console and Knowledge Console.