Adding custom fields to the Work Order view
To speed up the process of creating a work order, the Work Order view in Remedy with Smart IT provides a subset of the fields that are available on the Work Order form from the Mid Tier. However, you can add custom fields to the Work Order form. This section describes the process to add a custom field to the Work Order form in Remedy with Smart IT. You must add the custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System server forms.
Do not add the WO Type fields using Screen configuration. These fields are not displayed correctly if they are not placed in the dynamic field section.
BMC Remedy AR System forms to add custom fields
For the Work Order view, you must add custom fields to the following forms:
If you have installed BMC Remedy Service Level Management, you must add custom fields to the SLM Join form.
To add a custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System forms
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode (the default).
- Create a new field in WOI:WorkOrder form and assign appropriate permissions, if it is not already added. Make sure that the database name and display label do not include an __c.
Make a note of the field id as it will be required in the following procedure.
- Add the field to the INT:WOISLM:SMT_WorkOrder_SLM_Join_Outer (if you have BMC Service Level Management installed), WOI:WorkOrderInterface and WOI:WorkOrderInterface_Create. To add the field to the form, perform the following steps:
- Open the form from the BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in the Best Practice Customization mode.
- Choose Form > Add Fields from WOI:WorkOrder.
Select the field and click OK.
After the field is added, verify the database name and display label and the field ID. Assign proper permission to the field.
Make sure that the database name and field ID are the same as on the WOI:WorkOrder form.
- Modify the filter WOI:WIC:CreateWorkOrder_100`!.
- Open the WOI:WIC:CreateWorkOrder_100`! filter from BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in Best Practice Customization mode.
- In Push field action, click Automap, select the field and click OK.
Save the filter.
If the Matching IDs option is checked, then you do not need to modify the filter.
- Flush the mid tier, and validate that you can view the field.
- Clear the browser cache.