Adding custom fields to the Problem Investigation view
To speed up the process of creating a problem investigation, the Problem view in Remedy with Smart IT provides a subset of the fields that are available on the Problem form in BMC Service Desk. However, you can add custom fields to the Problem form. This section describes the process to add a custom field to the Problem form in Remedy with Smart IT. You must first add the custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System server forms and then configure the Problem view to display the custom field.
Run BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode (the default mode) and create overlays for your customizations. See .
BMC Remedy AR System forms to add custom fields
For the Problem view, you must add custom fields to the following forms:
To add a custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System forms
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode (the default).
- Create a new field in the PBM:Problem Investigation form and assign appropriate permissions, if it is not already added. Make sure that the database name and display label do not include an __c.
Make a note of the field id as it will be required in the following procedure.
- Add the field to PBM:ProblemInterface and PBM:ProblemInterface_Create. To add the field to the form, perform the following steps:
- Open the form from the BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in the Best Practice Customization mode.
- Choose Form > Add Fields from PBM:Problem Investigation.
Select the field and click OK.
After the field is added, verify the database name and display label and the field ID. Assign proper permission to the field.
Make sure that the database name and field ID are the same as on the PBM:Problem Investigation form.
- Modify the filter PBM:PPI:CreateProblem_100`!.
- Open the PBM:PPI:CreateProblem_100`! filter from BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in Best Practice Customization mode.
- In Push field action, scroll to the end of the field list, select the next empty slot and then find and map the new field.
Save the filter.
- Flush the Mid Tier, and validate that you can view the field.
- Clear the browser cache.
To add a custom field to the Problem view in Smart IT
- Log on to the Smart IT universal client as an Admin user.
- From the Configuration menu, choose Screen Configuration.
- Click Refresh Metadata in Problem View options.
- Click Record Summary in Problem View options.
- On the panel displayed, search for the field in list of available fields or enter the field name in the Search Fields text box.
Click the Add icon ("plus" sign) for a field in the Available Fields list to add it to the Selected Fields list. You can remove it from the Selected Fields list by clicking the X icon.
If a field is present in all required backend forms, the field is listed with an Add icon ("plus" sign) to the left of the field label, and you can add it to Smart IT views. However, if the field is missing on any of the required backend forms, the field is greyed out, and cannot be added to the view.
- Click Save.
Open any problem investigation to verify that the field was added to the Problem view. All the fields are displayed vertically in the selected section.
You can edit the custom field inline like all fields on the default view, by clicking theicon. However, fields in the Assignment area are displayed on Assignment panel for edit.