Adding custom fields to the Change view
To speed up the process of creating an incident record, the Change view in Remedy with Smart IT provides a subset of the fields that are available on the Change form in BMC Change Management. However, you can add custom fields to the Change form. This section describes the process to add a custom field to the Change form in Remedy with Smart IT. You must first add the custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System server forms and then configure the Change view to display the custom field.
Run BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode (the default mode) and create overlays for your customizations. See .
BMC Remedy AR System forms to add custom fields
For the Change view, you must add custom fields to the following forms:
If you have installed BMC Remedy Service Level Management, you must add custom fields to the SLM Join form.
To add a custom field to the BMC Remedy AR System forms
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio in Best Practice Customization mode (the default).
- Create a new field in CHG:Infrastructure Change form and assign appropriate permissions, if it is not already added. Make sure that the database name and display label do not include an __c.
Make a note of the field id as it will be required in the following procedure.
- Add the field to INT:CHGSLM:InfrastructureChange_SLM_Join_Outer (if you have BMC Service Level Management installed), CHG:ChangeInterface and CHG:ChangeInterface_Create. To add the field to the form, perform the following steps:
- Open the form from the BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in the Best Practice Customization mode.
- Choose Form > Add Fields from CHG:Infrastructure Change.
Select the field and click OK.
After the field is added, verify the database name and display label and the field ID. Assign proper permission to the field.
Make sure that the database name and field ID are the same as on the CHG:Infrastructure Change form.
- Modify the filter CHG:ICI:CreateChange_100`!.
- Open the CHG:ICI:CreateChange_100`! filter from the BMC Remedy Developer Studio. Make sure that BMC Remedy Developer Studio is opened in Best Practice Customization mode.
- In Push field action, click Automap, select the field and click OK.
Save the filter.
- Flush the Mid Tier, and validate that you can view the field.
- Clear the browser cache.
To add a custom field to the Change view in Smart IT
- Log on to the Smart IT universal client as an Admin user.
- From the Configuration menu, choose Screen Configuration.
- Click Refresh Metadata in Change View options.
- Click Record Summary in Change View options.
- On the panel displayed, search for the field in list of available fields or enter the field name in the Search Fields text box.
Click the Add icon ("plus" sign) for a field in the Available Fields list to add it to the Selected Fields list. You can remove it from the Selected Fields list by clicking the X icon.
If a field is present in all required backend forms, the field is listed with an Add icon ("plus" sign) to the left of the field label, and you can add it to Smart IT views. However, if the field is missing on any of the required backend forms, the field is greyed out, and cannot be added to the view.
- Click Save.
Open any change request to verify that the field was added to the Change view. All the fields are displayed vertically in the selected section.
You can edit the custom field inline like all fields on the default view, by clicking theicon. However, fields in the Assignment area are displayed on Assignment panel for edit.