Smart IT benchmark summary
A series of mixed workload tests (online plus batch) were conducted to determine the performance and scalability of Remedy with Smart IT. The following product versions were used in the tests:
- Remedy with Smart IT 19.02
- BMC Digital Workplace 19.02
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 18.08
The Micro Focus Silk Performer product was used as the load driver to simulate concurrent online users. Each concurrent user submitted transactions based on industry-standard transaction rates for each business process. A multithreaded Java application (developed internally by BMC) generated the BMC Atrium CMDB configuration items (CIs).
A concurrent user is a user who executes a specified number of business transactions per hour. See the tables in Smart IT test methodology for a description of the test use cases, including the number of transactions per hour tested for a concurrent user.
The performance benchmark simulates real-world user behavior for users of Smart IT, BMC Digital Workplace, and the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) Suite. This test simulated a small customer model of up to 2000 concurrent users per BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System. Roughly 80% of the users executed Smart IT and BMC Digital Workplace transactions, while the remaining 20% executed legacy BMC Remedy ITSM transactions.
The key characteristics of the test results are as follows:
- Overall response times are shown in the following graphic. Google Chrome browser offers the best response time performance.
- The Smart IT 19.02 release is comparable to Smart IT 18.08 release. Both Smart IT 19.02 and 18.08 are as scalable as previous Smart IT releases. Smart IT releases demonstrate better scalability if deployed with BMC Remedy AR System 19.02 due to Full Text Search (FTS) enhancements.
- Smart IT functionality relies on FTS searching. This has an impact on AR System server capacity that should be accounted for when sizing hardware for your environment.