Reassigning tickets in Smart IT
An assignee is a person that is responsible for overseeing a ticket through its lifecycle, or until it is assigned to another person.
Change the assignment of the ticket if you cannot respond to it in time to meet the SLA, or if another person or support group has a more appropriate skill set to resolve the ticket.
For change requests, the Assignee filter in the Ticket Console refers to the Change Coordinator assignee.
Before you begin
To ensure that tickets are assigned as expected, administrators must ensure that assignments are configured according to the needs of the organization.
To change ticket assignment
- From ticket details, open the assignee information for editing:
- (Universal client) Click the pencil icon in the assignment section of the ticket.
- (Android devices) Tap the menu (three dots symbol), and then tap Edit.
- (iOS devices) Tap Actions, and then tap Edit.
- (Optional) Search for an assignee by name or choose a different support group.
You can also choose a support organization to narrow the list of support groups.
- Select a new assignee from the list by clicking or tapping the circle to the right of the name.
- Click or tap Assign.