Multi-Cloud Service Management for Smart IT
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management is an add-on offering for Remedy IT Service Management that provides:
- Collaborated and automated incident brokering to address some of the service management challenges faced when using services from multiple cloud providers.
- DevOps integration features to enable DevOps teams to integrate their agile development tools for better collaboration.
For more information about BMC Helix Multi-Cloud, see .
BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management enables you to use the Smart IT console as a single-point-of-management for incidents and issues with multiple-cloud providers. When a service desk agent creates an incident from the Smart IT console, Multi-Cloud Service Management creates a corresponding ticket with the appropriate cloud service provider. Similarly, when a developer creates an issue in an issue tracking system such as Jira, Multi-Cloud Service Management creates a corresponding ticket in Remedy ITSM that can be viewed in the Remedy with (Smart IT) console.
Smart IT for incident brokering
When Service Desk agents create incidents in the Smart IT console, they can be brokered Multi-Cloud Service Management to cloud service vendors like AWS and Salesforce Service Cloud.
- When Multi-Cloud Service Management creates a ticket with the cloud service vendor, the Smart IT ticket includes the ID of the vendor ticket.
- When you add a comment to the incident in Smart IT, Multi-Cloud Service Management adds a comment to the corresponding vendor ticket.
- Updates to fields in the vendor ticket and the incident in Smart IT remain synchronized.
- Status changes to a vendor ticket are reflected as an activity note on the Remedy ITSM incident.
Smart IT for DevOps integration
Multi-Cloud Service Management creates issues in DevOps tools for change requests or incidents that are created from Smart IT .
- When Multi-Cloud Service Management creates an issue in a DevOps tool like Jira, Smart IT displays the ID of the issue.
- When a developer adds a comment to a Jira issue, the comment is added to the corresponding Remedy ITSM change request or incident.
- Any updates to fields in the DevOps issue are reflected in the corresponding incident in Smart IT.
- Status changes to a vendor ticket are reflected as an activity note on the Remedy ITSM incident or change request.
- When you add a comment to the ticket in Smart IT, Multi-Cloud Service Management adds a comment to the corresponding Jira issue.