Moving assets to inventory using Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT provides the functionality to move an asset to an inventory location. Once an asset is received and ready to be deployed, it can be moved to an inventory location and deployed in the organization. You can place non-bulk CIs that you want to manage in inventory by selecting Put into Inventory from the More menu in the asset profile, and then designating a location for it.
- Before you can move assets into inventory, you must create an Asset Inventory CI. For more details about creating an asset inventory, see .
- This version of Smart IT does not support creation if bulk inventory CIs.
The following asset types cannot be put into inventory:
Example: Moving an asset into inventory
This example defines the process for moving an asset into inventory.
As an Asset Manager, Paresh needs to move an asset into an inventory so that it can be deployed at a related site.
- Paresh logs on to Smart IT from his mobile device.
- From the selection menu, he selects Code Scan. The mobile device camera opens.
- He scans the asset tag.
- He locates the appropriate asset record in the system:
- Using his mobile device, Paresh can scan an asset tag and open the asset record from the search results.
- On the universal client, he can search for the asset in the Asset Console and open it.
- On the asset record, Paresh selects More > Put into Inventory.
- On the Location panel, he enters details of the Asset inventory location. Optionally, he can also search for inventory locations based on Inventory Location (Name), and/or Company, and/or Site, and/or Support Company, and then select the appropriate inventory location.
- He saves the record.
The status of the asset is updated to In Inventory. The asset is associated with inventory location and is listed as an asset for that inventory location. Location details in the asset record are updated to reflect the inventory location.
When the action is completed, an entry is added to the timeline and the activity feed.