Generating KCS custom reports
As a Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) Coach, you can use the reporting capabilities in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting to create KCS custom reports.
When the KCS Coach of a KCS knowledge author changes, the new KCS Coach can create and view the assessment results for the KCS knowledge author, using the KCS : AQI Results for Articles report. The new KCS Coach can also view the results of old assessments conducted by the previous KCS Coach, using the same report. The previous KCS Coaches continue to view the results of assessments they conducted, but cannot view the results of assessments conducted by the new KCS Coach. For more information, see
Additionally, a BMC Remedy AR System administrator or an unrestricted user having any KCS permission can view results of assessments conducted by KCS Coaches for any Company.
Before you begin
Before you generate KCS reports, ensure that:
- You have the necessary KCS and Smart Reporting permissions.
- Your administrator has configured some essential settings to generate the KCS reports. For more information on these settings, see Preparing to use KCS reports in Smart IT.
To generate KCS custom reports
- In Smart IT, click Knowledge.
- Click the New Custom Report button.
- In Smart Reporting, on the Create new Report window, select the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) view.
- Drag preferred fields in the Rows and Columns area, and specify other details.
- To activate the report, click Close .
- In the confirmation message, click Yes.
- Under Report Settings, enter the name and description of the custom report.
- Select Knowledge-Centered Support from the drop-down, and the category to save KCS custom reports.
- (Optional) Specify the Display, Refresh, and Distribution Security options.
- Click Activate.