Disabling collision management and impact analysis in Smart IT
If your organization does not use collision management or impact analysis functionality for Change Management, you can choose to disable these features. You do so by running a command line utility that disables the functionality for a specific tenant instance (or for the default tenant, if multitenancy is not enabled). You can also enable the functionality again if you choose to begin using it at another time.
Disabling collision management or impact analysis in Smart IT does not affect this functionality in the underlying BMC Remedy IT Service Management application. You can still perform collision management and impact analysis in BMC Remedy ITSM, but the results will not appear in Smart IT.
When you disable collision management in Smart IT:
- The change calendar in the universal client still shows change requests in relation to the current change request, but no collisions are highlighted in a red border.
- The alert banner on change request details does not indicate that there are collisions.
- Users cannot take actions on collisions.
- No collision-related notes are added to the Activity feed or Updates feed.
- No collision-related notifications are sent.
When you disable impact analysis in Smart IT:
- Users are not prompted to run impact analysis while creating a new change request.
- The UI does not provide a way for users to run or cancel an impact analysis, or to display impact analysis results.
- No impact analysis notifications are sent.
To disable collision management or impact analysis
From the Smart IT installation directory/tenant-config directory on the primary Smart IT server, issue the following command:
../java -jar ../tenant-config-<version>-jar-with-dependencies.jar -server server/smartit -username username -password password -tenantName tenant_ID disable/enable_option
|server||The fully qualified domain name of the Smart IT server, such as http://server1.ourdomain.com:80|
The AR System administrator username
Note: This user must belong to the Admin group.
|password||The AR System administrator password.|
The tenant ID, such as 000000000000001 (the default), 000000000000002, and so on.
In a single tenant environment, use 000000000000001.
The option to disable or enable functionality. Enter one of the following:
/opt/bmc/jre8/jdk1.8.0_45/jre/bin/java -jar /opt/bmc/Smart_IT/tenant-config/tenant-config-3.2.00.000-jar-with-dependencies.jar -server -username admin01 -password pwadmin01 -tenantName 000000000000001 disableImpactAnalysis