Configuring the reconciliation method for assets
If a sandbox dataset is enabled in BMC Asset Management (for example, BMC.ASSET.SANDBOX), assets that you create or modify go through a reconciliation process before they are moved to the production database. For example, when you save a new asset, the system sends a call (request) to the Reconciliation Engine to run a reconciliation job.
The sandbox dataset used by BMC Asset Management is configured in the AST:AppSettings form, which you access from the Custom Configuration tab in the Application Administration Console in the BMC Remedy ITSM mid-tier UI. When you install Smart IT, a new Sandbox Job Calls setting is added to the AST:AppSettings form. This setting allows you to configure the reconciliation method for assets in both Smart IT and the BMC Remedy ITSM mid-tier UI.
Overview of reconciliation methods
The Sandbox Job Calls setting has the following options for reconciliation:
- Inline—(Default) Reconciliation job requests are processed immediately.
- Scheduled—Reconciliation job requests are processed in accordance with any sandbox schedules. Use this setting to do reconciliation outside of heavy use hours to minimize the impact on users.
- Continuous—Reconciliation job requests are processed according to the interval specified for continuous jobs in the Reconciliation Engine. Use this setting in cases where a limited number of assets are being reconciled or when there is less load. For more information, see Creating a continuous reconciliation job in the BMC Atrium Core documentation.
To configure the reconciliation method
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Asset Management Settings, and then click Open.
The Asset Management Settings form appears.
- For Sandbox Job Calls, choose an option described in this topic.
- Click Modify to save your changes.