Generating KCS custom reports
As a Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) Coach, you can use the reporting capabilities in BMC Remedy Smart Reporting to create KCS custom reports. Before you generate KCS custom reports, ensure that you have the necessary permissions and that you have configured the essential settings. For more information, see "Reviewing your knowledge team's performance using KCS reports" in the Related topics.
When the KCS Coach of a KCS knowledge author changes, the new KCS Coach can create and view the assessment results for the KCS knowledge author, using the KCS : AQI Results for Articles report. The new KCS Coach can also view the results of old assessments conducted by the previous KCS Coach, using the same report. The previous KCS Coaches continue to view the results of assessments they conducted, but cannot view the results of assessments conducted by the new KCS Coach. For more information, see KCS forms and escalations in version 9.1.01.
Additionally, a BMC Remedy AR System administrator or an unrestricted user having any KCS permission can view results of assessments conducted by KCS Coaches for any Company.
To generate KCS custom reports, follow these steps:
- In Smart IT, click Knowledge.
- Click the New Custom Report button.
- In Smart Reporting, on the Create new Report window, select the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) view.
- Drag and drop preferred fields in the Rows and Columns area, and specify other details.
- To activate the report, click Close .
- In the confirmation message, click Yes.
- Under Report Settings, enter the name and description of the custom report.
- Select Knowledge-Centered Support from the drop-down, and the category to save KCS custom reports.
- (Optional) Specify the Display, Refresh, and Distribution Security options.
- Click Activate.
Creating a custom report using BMC Remedy Smart Reporting in the BMC Remedy ITSM online documentation