Downloading the Smart IT installation files
You obtain the product installation files by downloading them from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website. Your ability to access product pages on the EPD website is determined by the license entitlements purchased by your company.
Before you begin
When to download a service pack or patch
For a fresh installation or an upgrade, check the Release notes to determine the latest update and then download the following:
- The latest release, service pack, or patch (if available). For service packs and patches, the Smart IT installer will install or upgrade the full product.
- Any hotfixes that are available for known issues.
If you sign up for , you will be notified about new service packs or patches for applying the latest changes, as well as bulletins about critical fixes.
The following table provide links to the page in the EPD website that contains the installation files for this product. From the EPD page you can select and download the installation files for your platform. Access to the EPD website requires that you provide your BMC Support credentials. You might also be prompted to complete the Export Compliance Form.
To download the files for Remedy with Smart IT 18.05, use the following links:
|Product or component||EPD link||File name||Platform|
|Remedy with Smart IT Version 18.05||All platforms|
Patch 5 for Remedy with Smart IT Version 18.05 and pre-requisite Remedy patches:
BMC Remedy AR System 18.05.005: Patch 5 for version 18.05
|BMC Remedy IT Service Management 18.05.005: Patch 5 for version 18.05|
|BMC Remedy Service Request Management 18.05.005: Patch 5 for version 18.05|
|BMC Remedy Service Level Management 18.05.005: Patch 5 for version 18.05|
|18.05.005: Patch 5 for Smart IT 18.05|
To download the patch from the EPD site
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
Login to the .
- At the login prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Select a product from the list of available products. For example, Remedy with Smart IT.
- Select the required version number from the Version field, the required platform from the Platform field, and click Go.
- Products—Displays the product files and service pack files available for download.
- Patches—Displays the patch files available for download.
- License Information—Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation—Displays the Online Technical Documentation Portal links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
- Select the check boxes next to the installation files, documentation, and (if available) associated prerequisites and technical bulletins, that you need to download. For example, Remedy with Smart IT to show the available versions.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
To verify the files
Locate the files you downloaded and verify the following MD5 checksum results before installation:
You can use any MD5 checksum tool to verify the checksum results.
Where to go from here
Verifying remaining steps in Preparing for installation of Smart IT.