Creating question sets for assessing knowledge articles
Only Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) coaches are permitted to add questions to assess articles written by their team members. Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) provides a default Article Quality Index (AQI) assessment question set. However, as a KCS coach, you must check the default question set to verify that it satisfies the article quality standards of your company, and if not, create a custom question set.
Types of question sets for article assessment
Two types of AQI question sets are available for article assessment: the default set and the custom set. You can create, edit, and delete custom question sets in the Article Quality Assessment Question Sets window.
Default question set
The default question set consists of seven out-of-the-box questions. You cannot edit or delete the default questions, or change their weighting value. However, you can clear the Question is visible for assessments check box to make the questions invisible during article assessment. If you have not created a question set for your company, then the default question set is used for article assessment.
Custom question set
If your company has standards to measure article quality and author performance, you must create a custom question set to incorporate those standards. You can add questions to review those aspects of articles that are not covered by default questions. You can create one question set for each organization within a company, and one question set for a company without specifying its organization.
You must use the Default question set as the base for creating a custom question set. In the custom question set, you can add new questions, but you cannot edit or delete the default questions. However, you can omit the default questions from article assessments by clearing the Question is visible for assessments check box to make them invisible during article assessment. Custom question sets are specific to a company and organization, so you must indicate the company and organization when you create custom question sets. You can edit or delete a custom question set.
You can localize questions in the languages that Smart IT supports. For example, you localize questions in French and your browser's language is French. When you open an article for assessment, the questions and answers are displayed in French.
When you add questions, you must specify their weighting as per your company standards. You must ensure that the weighting of each question is within the specified 0.01 - 9.99 range. You can edit them to change their weighting.
Smart IT does not support descriptive answers, so you must ensure that the questions you add can be answered with yes or no. You must also choose whether the expected answer of the question will be yes or no. If you select the ‘Yes’ answer is desirable check box, the expected answer is Yes. If you do not select the check box, the expected answer is No. On the question set, expected answers are set as default answers, so if a question remains unanswered, the article author will get points for that question.
Creating a custom question set
- Use one of the following methods to navigate to the Article Quality Assessment Question Sets window.
- Open the Knowledge menu, and click Configure AQI Assessment.
- From the Configuration menu, select AQI Question Set.
Alternatively, click + Add New Question Set to copy the default question set.
In the Article Quality Assessment Questions window, enter the following details:
- Name of the new question set
- Name of your company and organization
- Click + Add New Question.
- In the Question Text box, enter an assessment question.
- (Optional) To localize the question, follow these steps:
- Click Add Additional Languages.
- From the Languages list, select a language.
- In the Question Text box, enter the localized question.
- (Optional) If the expected answer is Yes, select the 'Yes' answer is desirable check box.
- In the Weighting field, enter a weighting value for the question.
- (Optional) To assess articles using the new question, select the Question is visible for assessments check box.
- (Optional) To reorder questions, select .
- Click Save.