Working with assets
This section describes the Asset Management features provided with Smart IT.
- Understand asset profiles, and know what details you can view or modify on an asset profile.
- View available asset types and subtypes to know which Smart IT asset type or sub type relates to an existing BMC Atrium CMDB class.
Creating and updating assets
As a service desk agent:
- Create and update sections of the asset record
- Relate an asset to another asset
- Create tickets from an asset
As an Asset Manager:
- Create and update asset records as required.
- View asset relationships in the Smart IT CI explorer, to understand the context of an asset in relation to other assets and CIs.