Resolving tickets with the help of Client Management actions: 1.5.01 and later
BMC Client Management (Client Management) is an advanced systems management product that enables administrators to discover, configure, manage, and secure the systems on a network. When Smart IT is integrated with BCM, Smart IT users with appropriate access can view data about BCM-managed assets in real time, and take direct actions on those assets to resolve tickets.
To use the functionality described in this topic:
- Client Management must be integrated with BMC Atrium CMDB and Smart IT, as explained in Integrating Smart IT with BMC Client Management: 1.5.01 and later.
- You must have Client Management login credentials provided by your administrator.
Client Management actions you can perform in Smart IT
The Client Management integration includes the following set of actions to help Smart IT users (service desk agents and specialists) resolve tickets. The actions are available from the More menu on the asset profile in Smart IT, depending on the user's specific Client Management access permissions.
The More menu displays all of the Client Management actions until the user tries to perform an action for the first time. At that time, the user's login credentials are verified, and any actions that the user does not have appropriate permissions to perform are disabled.
- Asset Details—Opens a panel that displays the latest information about an asset reported by BMC Client Management in tabular format. Tabs include General Summary (device name, user, and host, and other information, depending on the type of asset), Hardware Asset, Asset Software, Asset Security, Action History, and Financial Asset.
- Audit Now—Launches an asset discovery scan of the selected device to retrieve the latest device information and a summary of its hardware, software and security inventory.
- Check Connection—Verifies the connection of the remote device, that is, pings the device to see if it is reachable.
- Reboot—Reboots a remote device. After performing the Reboot action, use Check Connection to confirm that the reboot was successful.
- Shut down—Sends a shut down order to a remote device. After performing the Shut down action, use Check Connection to confirm that the shut down was successful.
- Wake up—Sends a wake up order to a remote device. After performing the Wake up action, use Check Connection to confirm that the wake up was successful.