Relating an asset to another asset
To maintain up-to-date asset records in your asset inventory, you must keep a record of all related assets. For example, a computer system is closely related to other assets such as keyboard, mouse, CPU, and printer. Relating assets to other assets helps to effectively maintain assets as a group. You can relate multiple assets at the same time and specify the relationship between them.
To relate an asset to another asset
- Open the asset you want to relate to another asset.
- Under the Assets tab, click Relate Existing Asset.
- In the Relate Assets pane, search for the asset you want to relate by using the basic or advanced search option.
- From the search result, select the check boxes for assets that you want to relate.
The list of relationship type appears in the lower-left corner of the Relate Assets pane.
- From the Relationship Type list, select a relationship for the related assets.
- Click Save.
Based on the relationship that you specified, the related asset is displayed under the Assets tab of the main asset.
To remove the relationship from a related asset, select the Remove option for the related asset.