Affected assets and affected services on incident tickets
To use this feature, you must install Smart IT 1.5.01, and apply the hotfix build 57 or later.
Assets and services that are affected due to the reported incident, or that are related to the incident are specified in the Affected Asset and Affected Service fields on the incident profile. It helps the service desk agent to look for the specific asset and service, and take action to resolve the incident. By default, affected assets and services are displayed on the basis of the value specified in the affectedCISearchByAssetPeopleRelation property on the SHARE:Application_Properties form. The property value and its description is given this table.
|False (default value)|
When this property is set to False, in Smart IT, when you enter the asset or service name in the Affected Asset and Affected Service fields, the system searches for them in following fields:
Only those assets and service that belong to the customer company are displayed.
When this property is set to True, in Smart IT, when you enter the asset or service name in the Affected Asset and Affected Service fields, the system searches for them in following fields:
All the assets to which the service desk agent, who is creating the incident ticket, has access irrespective of the assets of the customer company. In case of affected services, only those services that have Used by asset-people relationship are displayed in the Affected Service field.
This kind of behavior is similar to the way in which affected assets and services are searched in Mid tier.
- Due to any reason such as a typo error, if the value of this property is set to anything other than True or False, the system falls back to the default value.
- This configuration impacts only incident tickets.
Configuring affected assets and affected services
In BMC Remedy IT Service Management, the administrator can specify the option to configure affected asset and service on the incident ticket in Smart IT. The setting is applied at the tenant level, and does not depend on user's choice.
- Log in to BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
- Access the SHARE:Application_Properties form by using the following link:
http://<mid tier server name>:<port number>/arsys/forms/<ITSM server name>SHARE%3AApplication_Properties/Default+Admin+View.
- In the Property Name field, enter affectedCISearchByAssetPeopleRelation, and click Search.
In the Property Value field, clear the value False, and type True.
Do not change values in the Application ID, Instance ID, and Status fields of the SHARE:Application_Properties form.
- Restart the Smart IT server.
- If you do not restart the application, you must wait for 30 minutes from the time you saved the change. The system reflects the changes after 30 minutes.
Nancy is a service desk agent, and has access to Company A, B, C, and D. Nancy creates an incident ticket for the issue reported by Allen Allbrook, a customer who belongs to Company A. Allen uses the following two assets and services, and has Used By relation with the assets and services:
- Asset1 and Business service1 belongs to Company A.
- Asset2 and Business service2 belongs to Company B.
Allen does not have access to Company C and D, and is also not related with their assets and services:
- Asset3 and Business service3 belongs to Company C.
- Asset4 and Business service4 belongs to Company D.
Considering these assumptions, the following behavior is expected:
- The affectedCISearchByAssetPeopleRelation property is set to False—when Nancy creates or edits the incident where Allen is the affected customer, in the Affected Asset and Affected Service field, the search result displays only Asset1 and Business service1, as the customer company is considered for fetching the results.
- The affectedCISearchByAssetPeopleRelation property is set to True—when Nancy creates or edits the incident where Allen is the affected customer, in the Affected Asset field, the search result displays Asset1, Asset2, Asset3, and Asset4. However, because Allen is related to Business service1 and Business service2 by the Used by relation, in the Affected services field, the search result displays Business service1 and Business service2.