This documentation supports the 1.4 version of Remedy with Smart IT.

To view the latest version, select the version from the Product version menu.

Mixed workload test results

A series of mixed workload tests were run (online users plus CMDB CI processing) to determine the hardware requirements for each tier of BMC Remedy with Smart IT. A total of 2000 online concurrent users (400 per tenant) plus 7,500 CIs were processed (90% update and 10% create) during the load test. Smart IT and BMC MyIT accounted for 80% of the online business transactions run; the remaining 20% were from BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM).  MongoDB Full Text Search (FTS) was used during these tests unless noted.

Sizing and scalability

The results show that one Smart IT server CPU can support approximately 240 concurrent users. The results also show that the AR 9.1 System server is the most used tier, and each AR System 9.1 server can scale to approximately 400 concurrent users. Each AR System 9.1 server CPU can support approximately 100 Smart IT users or 150 BMC Remedy ITSM users.

Mongo DB Server: A set of tests specific to MongoDB deployment were conducted to evaluate performance, scalability and sizing options. Based on the results, customers can deploy MongoDB as a three node cluster configured with one primary node and two secondary nodes. Another option is to use just two nodes, one primary and one secondary, while deploying an arbiter on one of the Smart IT nodes. A two node configuration can support up to 2000 concurrent users.

The CPU utilization on Chat Server, BMC Remedy Mid Tier, and the Remedy Single Sign-On server was minimal. 

Note

These sizing estimates should be used as a starting point. You should conduct benchmarks in your environment, because sizing will vary depending on the specific workload mix, data volumes, and data composition.

Response times and server resource utilization

The charts in this section show end user response times, CPU usage, and memory usage. The end user client machine was set to 100 ms latency.

 

The following chart shows the end user browser response times for Smart IT transactions measured during the 2000-user load test: 

 

The following chart shows the end user iOS 8.2 response times for Smart IT transactions measured during the 2000-user load test.  The Wi-Fi connection had approximately 65 ms of latency.

 

The following chart shows the end user iOS 8.2 response times for BMC MyIT transactions measured during the 2000-user load test. The Wi-Fi connection had approximately 65 ms of latency.

 

The following charts show the CPU utilization and Available Memory for each tier during 2000-user load test:



This version of the documentation is no longer supported. However, the documentation is available for your convenience. You will not be able to leave comments.

Comments