Changing ticket status in Smart IT
The status shows what stage the ticket is at in its lifecycle. By updating this field when you: begin to work on a ticket, resolve the ticket, and so on, you ensure that the system keeps the applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) up-to-date (you can look at the SLA Progress Bar at the top of the ticket to see the current status of the SLA). For example, some SLAs can be configured to stop the clock if you change the Status to Pending, while with other SLAs, the clock continues to run until you change the status to Resolved or Closed.
In addition to keeping the SLAs up-to-date, updating the status is an important part of keeping the customer informed about what is happening with the request and for keeping your personal and group service statistics current. For example, if a ticket is cancelled, it's important to move the status to Cancelled so that the system does not continue to include it in your personal and group statistics and to ensure that the applicable SLA does not appear to be breached.
- You cannot change the status of a ticket in certain situations. For example, you cannot change the status of an incident that is Closed.
- Only the status values for appropriate status transitions are displayed. For example, you cannot change the status of a work order from Rejected to In Progress.
- You cannot manually change the status of a service request ticket, except to cancel it.
To change the status
- From ticket details, open the status for editing:
- (Universal client) Click the status value near the top of the ticket.
- (Android devices) Tap the menu (three dots symbol), and then tap Edit.
- (iOS devices) Tap Actions, and then tap Edit.
- Select the new status value from the list.
For change requests, you can select a status from the list, or you can use buttons to set the next or previous status. For example, use the Set Next Status button (mobile clients) or Next button (universal client) to let the system select the next possible status value.
- If you are changing the status of an Incident request to Resolved, provide entries for the following categorization fields:
- Resolution Product
The Operational Category and Product Category fields are also displayed on the panel. You can update all of the categorization fields when changing the status.
- Click or tap Save.
The following table lists the statuses that are available for incidents.
- MultiExcerpt named 'IncidentStatus' was not found
Process flow status and the lifecycle of an incident request (BMC Service Desk documentation)
About work order status transitions (BMC Service Request Management documentation)
Service request life cycle (BMC Service Request Management documentation)
Managing your work in Smart IT consoles (update ticket status in bulk)
Configuring incident rules (BMC Service Desk documentation)
Incident status reason definitions (BMC Service Desk documentation)
Change request status reasons (BMC Change Management documentation)