Performance and scalability of Smart IT 1.3 SP1 and related products on Solaris 11.2
The BMC performance team and Oracle Lab collaborated on a benchmark to test the performance of Service Pack 1 for version 1.3 of BMC Remedy with Smart IT, version 3.0 of BMC MyIT and version 9.0.00 of BMC Remedy IT Service Management product suite at an enterprise-level deployment: 5,000 concurrent users workload based on a metric and data derived from real-life enterprise customer deployments.
The following product combination of Service Pack 1 for Smart IT 1.3 and BMC Remedy ITSM version 9.0 was tested: BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, BMC Service Request Management, BMC Knowledge Management, BMC Smart IT, BMC MyIT.
This product combination was deployed on multiple virtual machines running Solaris version 11.2, hosted on SPARC T7-1 servers with Oracle 12c Database deployed on a single SPARC T5-2 server, which was also running on Solaris version 11.2.
The tests were performed at Oracle Santa Clara (CA) Lab between April 2016 and July 2016.
The result was distilled to provide the following:
- Quantifiable metrics (such as average use case response times, CPU and memory usage, throughput) to use as a reference
- A guideline for resource sizing per VM on the Oracle SPARC Hardware used in the benchmark
- System configuration recommendations
- Tuning recommendations
The test was executed with online workload of Smart IT and BMC MyIT use cases for 5,000 concurrent users. The following topics provide additional details about this benchmark:
- Oracle Lab deployment architecture
- Oracle Lab test environment
- How the tests were conducted
- Workload details
- Performance tuning and recommendations
- Foundation data and application data used for tests
- User scenarios and associated actions
- Product versions used in tests
- Details about products used at Oracle lab
- Details about the Silk Performer product
- Benchmark results