Following tickets, assets, resources, and people in Smart IT
The Updates feed (located on the Dashboard in the universal client) displays a list of updates important to you; for example, service level agreement (SLA) alerts, assignments, and status changes for your tickets. The Updates feed also shows any broadcasts sent to you based on your group(s), your location, and services that you use. SLA alerts are displayed at the top, followed by broadcasts, and then other types of updates in order by time. Use the information in the Updates feed to respond quickly to critical situations.
You receive updates in the following situations:
- Automatically (implicitly followed items) — Tickets that you create and for which you are the assignee, and tickets or profiles for which you have added a note in the Activity feed
- By choice (explicitly followed items) — Tickets, assets, or resources that you have chosen to follow
When you create a ticket, you become a follower of that ticket. However, a notification about the initial creation of the ticket does not appear in your Updates feed. When the ticket status is updated, an activity note is added, and so on, then you receive notifications in your Updates feed.
Knowledge articles are handled differently. For knowledge articles that you create, you do receive a notification about the initial creation in the Updates feed.
For SLA alerts and ticket updates, click or tap the ticket number to view ticket details.
To manage followed items and updates
- On the profile page of an asset or resource, or in ticket details, click the star icon to follow or unfollow the item.
- Choose what to show in the Updates feed:
- (All clients) From the filter menu, select the types of updates you want to see, such as Status Changes or Public Notes.
- (Universal client and Android devices only) Enter a search string and press Enter. (In the universal client, the search function is available from the menu.)