Deploying Openfire chat in Smart IT
Openfire is an open source real-time collaboration server based on the XMPP (Jabber) protocol used for instant messaging and group chat.
- Install the Openfire chat on the primary server.
- Deploy the Openfire primary node in a cluster.
During installation, point the secondary server to the primary server database.
- Deploy the Openfire secondary node in a cluster.
- Install the Punjab service on the primary and secondary severs and run the Punjab service on both.
- Complete loadbalancer (F5) configurations.
Log on to the Openfire Admin console, go to Server > Server Information > Edit Properties, and change the Server name to the loadbalancer url that points to 5222 port on openfire.
Click Save and restart the Openfire nodes.
You do not need to do this for every node as all nodes have a common database.
On each Smart IT server node, edit
connect.properties. Modify the following statements:
chat.server.cm.host = <loadbalancer url pointing to 5222> chat.server.client.port = 5222 chat.server.admin.login = admin chat.server.admin.password = admin chat.server.admin.pool.size = 6 chat.server.groupChatService = conference chat.server.domain = <loadbalancer url pointing to 5222> chat.server.boshUrl = http://<loadbalancer url pointing to 7070>/http-bind/
Restart Smart IT servers.