Viewing and updating tickets using Smart IT
After you create a ticket, you can change the details or add new information to it. For example, you can update the ticket status, add activity notes, or change the customer and contact information.
Keeping the information in a ticket up-to-date helps you to make better informed decisions about how to manage the ticket, keeps your personal and group statistics up-to-date, and helps keep the affected customer informed about the progress of the ticket.
Updates to customer information
When you try to update the customer (Requested For user) name, the system will only search for matching people that belong to the same company as the original customer. This behavior prevents a cascade of changes to key ticket information that is tied to the customer's company, such as the affected service, affected asset, categorization, assignment, and so on. If you need to select a customer from a different company, you must create a new ticket.
The updated customer information is passed to the related service request (if any). Customer information must be updated manually in tasks and other related ticket types.
- Search for tickets by filtering and sorting tickets in the Ticket Console.
- After you open ticket details, click the Pencil icon associated with a group of fields to open those fields in edit mode, which allows you to update the field contents.
You cannot update a service request after it is submitted, except to cancel it.
This section provides information about:
- Overview of information displayed on a ticket in Smart IT
- Monitoring the Service Level Agreement in Smart IT
- Changing ticket Impact and Urgency, or Priority in Smart IT
- Changing ticket status in Smart IT
- Reassigning tickets in Smart IT