Viewing installation and uninstallation log files
The Maintenance Tool provides access to installation and uninstallation logs. Each time that you run the installer or uninstaller, it creates a log file that can be viewed in the Maintenance Tool.
When viewing log files from the Maintenance Tool, each tab name contains the date and time at which the installer or uninstaller was run. The tab displays the contents of the log file, with errors highlighted in red and warnings highlighted in yellow.
To open the Maintenance Tool
- Microsoft Windows: Choose Start > Run. Click Browse. Change directories to C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMC Service Level Management\utility. Choose SLMMaintenanceTool.cmd.
This is the default directory. If you install BMC SLM on a different directory, you must open the utility folder under the SLM install directory.
- UNIX: Go to <SLM install dir>/utility and run ./SLMMaintenanceTool.sh. For example, a UNIX installation directory might be /opt/bmc/bmcremedyitsmsuite/Utilities
- You can also run the tool from the utility directory on the product installation DVD.
To view logs
- In the Maintenance Tool, click the Logs tab.
- Navigate to the log file that you want to view:
- To view installation logs, click Install Log.
- To browse for a specific log file, click Browse to Log.
- Click the tab for the log that you want to view.
- Search for rows highlighted in red (errors) or yellow (warnings).
- To sort columns, click the column header.
- To reverse sort a column, press Shift while clicking the column header.
- Close the tool when you are finished.