Installing BMC Service Level Management Collector
The BMC Service Level Management installer enables you to deploy BMC Service Level Management Collector in your IT environment. To use performance or SIM-based service targets, you must install the Collector.
The Collector is an optional component and can be omitted if you do not need to create performance or SIM-based service targets.
When you start the installer, you can choose one or more features to install at one time. Because certain applications depend on a specific set of features, you might need to run the installer multiple times to install all of the applications in the BMC Service Level Management solution. For example, you can re-run the installer multiple times to install additional language packs.
- Activate the appropriate BMC Service Level Management license on the AR System server before you start installation.
- Make sure that no application is using port 12333.
- Make sure that Oracle JRE 1.6.023 or higher is installed.
- Install SLM Collector on a different computer than SLM Primary Server.
- When you installed SLM Primary Server, you selected Use Remote Collector so that you can install Collector on this computer.
- To reduce installation time significantly, do not install the products over the wide area network (WAN).
- To avoid configuration problems, accept the default values displayed in the installer unless you have a valid reason to modify them.
- Download the BMC Service Level Management installer from EPD, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
- Unzip the installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.cmd.
- For UNIX, log in as root and run setup.sh.
NoteThe page Known issues for the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installer does not exist.
- In the lower right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the BMC Remedy AR System User Inputs panel, perform the following actions:
- Enter the administrator name and password.
- Enter the AR System Server name alias.
- Review the TCP port for the AR System server.
When set to 0, which is the default, the portmapper assigns the port. To use a different port number, see Setting ports and RPC numbers.
- Review the default installation directory.
Navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Service Level Management. The default locations are C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BMCServiceLevelManagement (Windows) and /opt/bmc/BMCServiceRequestManagement (UNIX and Linux).
- Click Next.
- In the Application Overwrite Selection panel, select Reinstall SLM Application (the default) and then click Next.
The installer validates the system resources of your computer and displays a list of available features (such as BMC Service Level Management, Primary Server, and so on).
This panel appears because BMC Service Level Management is already registered.
- In the Application Overwrite Session panel, select Reinstall SLM Application and then click *Next.
- In the features panel, de-select all the other features and select only Service Level Management Collector.
- Click Next.
- In the Service Level Management Collector Information panel, perform the following actions:
- Select the application server you installed.
- Browse to the web application root (for example, C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat6.0\webapps).
- Enter the port number (for example, 8080).
- Browse to the JRE directory.
- Click Next.
- In the BMC Collector Service Selection panel, select to install as a service (default) or not, and then click Next.
If you do not install Collector as a service, then you must manually start it manually every time you restart the server.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your inputs, and then the Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed. You are nearly finished with the BMC Service Level Management installation.
- Click Install.
The installer installs the BMC Service Level Management features you have selected. After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- Close the log when you finish.
- Click Done to exit the BMC Service Level Management installer.
- Before you log on to the AR System server, flush the Mid Tier cache and your browser cache.