Installing BMC Service Level Management Collection Point
The BMC Service Level Management installer enables you to deploy BMC Service Level Management Collection Point in your IT environment.
- To reduce installation time significantly, do not install the products over the wide area network (WAN).
- To avoid configuration problems, accept the default values displayed in the installer unless you have a valid reason to modify them.
- Activate the appropriate BMC Service Level Management license on the AR System server before you start installation.
- Make sure that no application is using port 12333.
- Install Collection Point on a different computer than SLM Primary Server.
Before you begin
To install the BMC Service Level Management Collection Point
- Download the BMC Service Level Management installer, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
- Navigate to the Collection Point\Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer.
- For Windows, run setup.cmd.
For UNIX, log in as root and run setup.sh.
The page Known issues for the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite installer does not exist.
- In the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Directory Selection panel, navigate to the directory in which you want to install BMC Service Level Management.
The default locations are C:\Program Files\BMC Software\CollectionPoint (Windows) and /opt/bmc/Collection Point (UNIX or Linux).
- Click Next.
- On the SLM Collection Point Point Number Information panel, enter the Port Number, and then click Next.
The default is 7089.
- On the SLM Collection Point Java Platform Information panel, browse to the JRE path, and then click Next.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your inputs, and then the Installation Preview panel appears, listing the product and product features that will be installed. You are nearly finished with the Collection Point installation.
- Click Install.
The installer installs the Collection Point. After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- Close the log when you finish.
- Click Done to exit the BMC SLM installer.