Using BMC SLM with Requester Console
You can create service targets for a service request and view them if you have RequestMaster permissions.
If you have BMC Service Request Management installed, BMC Service Request Management replaces the Requester Console. For information about integrating BMC Service Level Management (BMC SLM) with BMC Service Request Management, see the configuration and administration documentation for BMC Service Request Management.
To create service targets for a service request
When you create service targets for a service request, you can relate them to either an incident request or a change request.
- Log on to the Service Level Management Console.
- Select the Service Target tab.
- Click Create to open the Service Target wizard.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the service target.
- In the Description field, enter an optional description of the service target.
- From the Applies To list, select Service Request.
- From the Goal Type list, specify the service target goal.
The Goal Type list shows the goal types configured by your administrator in the Application Administration Console. The following goal types are shipped with the product:
- Request Resolution Time
- Request Response Time
- To open the Qualification Builder, click Define next to the Terms and Conditions field.
For instructions on how to build a custom qualification, see Building custom qualifications.
Every service target within a service target group must have unique terms and conditions.
- Enter the criteria that you want to build the qualification.
- Enter the following general information:
- Qualification Description
- Site Group
- In the Customer tab, enter criteria in the Requested For category:
- Unknown User
- True--The user for which the service is requested is an unknown user. An unknown user is one who is not entered in the People form and has no BMC Remedy AR System login.
- False--The user is not an unknown user.
- In the Customer tab, enter criteria in the Requested By category:
- In the Classification tab, enter criteria from the following categories that you want to use to build the qualification. Fields labeled in bold are required.
- Operational Categorization Selection
- In the Assignment tab, enter criteria in the Request Manager category.