Overview of the BMC SLM Collector
Starting with the version 9.1.04, BMC will no longer provide support for the SLM Collector and all BMC provided integrations making use of the SLM Collector.
The Collector retrieves metrics from external data sources, which allows you to then use values from these metrics to evaluate performance-monitoring service targets. To use these features, you must first configure the application-related settings for BMC Service Level Management (BMC SLM) by using the Configure Collector Module.
- Collection Points
- Collection Nodes
- Bulk Performance Manager Nodes
- Collection Node and Collection Point relationships
- Collection process
Overview of the Collector
Click on the following image to expand it.
The Collector and Collection Point are required only for the following performance-related products:
- BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring
- BMC Performance Manager (For BMC PATROL Agents)
- BMC Performance Manager Portal
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Manager
- BMC Service Impact Manager (BMC SIM)
- SNMP trap
- BMC Transaction Management Application Response Time
You can only configure and manage the Collector if you have a browser and network connectivity to the Collector.