Configuring Collection Nodes
Starting with the version 9.1.04, BMC will no longer provide support for the SLM Collector and all BMC provided integrations making use of the SLM Collector.
For performance-monitoring service targets, you can add a Collection Node to allow the Collector to define a new data source on the Collection Point. The following are supported Collection Node types:
- BMC Real End User Experience Monitoring
- BMC Performance Manager (For BMC PATROL Agents)
- BMC Performance Manager Portal
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Manager
- BMC Service Impact Manager (BMC SIM)
- SNMP trap
- BMC Transaction Management Application Response Time
Node types available in the Node Type lists are the only ones that are installed with the Collection Point plug-ins.
You cannot add a Collection Node if the data source is not available. For example, if it is not running or there is a network problem.
The following sections describe how to configure collection nodes:
- Adding Collection Nodes
- Modifying Collection Nodes
- Deleting Collection Nodes
- Associating Collection Nodes with service targets
- Mapping Collection Nodes
- Configuring Bulk Performance Manager nodes
- Collection Node frequency
- Missing data limits for Collection Nodes
- Collection Node use cases