Configuring BMC SIM
Starting with the version 9.1.04, BMC will no longer provide support for the SLM Collector and all BMC provided integrations making use of the SLM Collector.
The BMC Service Impact Manager (BMC SIM) plug-in enables services targets to be defined for configuration items (CIs) that are exposed in BMC SIM. The combination of SIM and BMC Service Level Management (BMC SLM) enables IT to monitor any service or other CI in the service model and to view the impact of the service and the status of associated SLAs at any time.
The combined solution of BMC SIM and BMC SLM includes the ability to:
- Launch BMC SLM from BMC SIM.
- Create service targets and agreements in the context of BMC SIM CIs.
- Pass BMC SLM events to SIM to show BMC SLM status in the BMC Impact Portal and BMC Impact Explorer.
- View the new CI Compliance View in the BMC SLM Dashboard.
- Report on service level compliance from a CI focus.
For more information, see the following topics: