Importing service targets and agreements
You can import service targets (SVTs) into the new AR System server using the BMC SLM Import utility or as a deployment package. The BMC SLM Import utility allows you to import service targets and service level agreements (SLA). This topic describes the following options to import SVTs:
Before you begin
Before you import service targets from a source or development server to a destination or production server, you must consider the following points:
- If you import a service target that contains an attachment, ensure that you include the directory containing the attachment, otherwise the attachment is not imported, correctly.
- You must create service targets in development server and then import to the production server. BMC recommends that you do not create service targets in the production server, directly.
- You must ensure that the service targets in the development server are in sync with the production server. Otherwise, a conflict with the Service target IDs that might occur while importing service targets.
- (For Microsoft Windows users only) When importing, ensure to specify the slm rik path (<SLM Install Path>\rik) in the Preferences section of Configure Application Setting.
To import SVTs or SLAs using BMC SLM Import utility
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- Choose Service Level Management > Import/Export > Import.
- To display the BMC SLM Import Utility form, click Open.
- In the File Path/Name field, specify the required path and the file to import.
The ARX file path and file name must be located on the same server where BMC Service Level Management is installed.
- (Optional) In the Log File Name field, enter the path and the file name where you want the log file to be created.
- Click Import.
In the Import Status field, the status of the process is displayed. For example, if the import is completed, it displays Done Processing.
While importing SVTs or SLAs, if you get an error, see Troubleshooting issues with service targets and service level agreements.
To import service targets using the Remedy Deployment Application
You can use the Remedy Deployment Application to export SVTs from a development server and import the same to a production server. For steps to create and deploy a package see the following topics:
|To view a single method for promoting definitions and data effectively and reliably across environments using the Remedy Deployment Application|
To view the following details while using Remedy Deployment Application for importing SVTs:
|To define a package for importing or exporting|
|To troubleshoot issues related to importing SVTs||Troubleshooting issues with service targets and service level agreements|