Exporting service targets and agreements
When exporting a service target from the source AR System server to the destination server, a matching entry for the configure data source is important, especially the Field As Unique Identifier. The Field As Unique Identifier has to be the same on both source and destination server with the same application form. With the same Field As Unique Identifier, the service target can be imported without error and the correct filters are created.
No password is needed to export service targets.
If you export BMC SLM agreements from a source server, the export file contains agreements and service targets related to those agreements. If you then export service targets separately and include some service targets that were exported along with the agreements, those service targets will appear in both export files. If you attempt to import the contents of both export files into the destination server, you might encounter index violation errors as the second import attempts to import service targets which already exist on the destination server. Therefore, make sure that you only export service targets that are not associated with an agreement.
To export service targets
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- Choose Service Level Management > Import/Export > Export.
- Click Open to display the BMC SLM Export Utility form.
- From the Show Object field list, select the object you want to export.
You can select from Agreement or Service Target.
- In the File Path/Name field, enter the required path and the name for the file to which you want to export service targets, for example, c:/temp/filename.arx. The file is saved on the server where BMC SLM is installed.
In the Log File Name, define the log file path and name.
Select the service targets or agreements (depending on which objects are shown in the table). In the Export Status field, the status of the process is displayed. For example, Done Processing.
When you export an agreement with an attachment, a directory is created in the same export directory to contain the attachment. For example, if you export to 334sla.arx, the directory might be called 334sla_1142984388. When you import the agreement to another server, ensure that you copy over the directory containing the attachment, otherwise the attachment is not be imported.
- Ensure that the name and location of the .arx file specified in the File Path/Name, and the Log File Path/Name are different. If you use the same name, in some cases, the .arx file may not be created..
- If you have service targets that include business entities, you must export the business entities, business time segments, and association data from the BMC Remedy AR System server in a separate transaction.